Creating a Super Simple Christmas Dessert Table
Guest post by Amanda and Carly of The Creative Journal
Christmas time can be so busy! A million things to do and never enough time to do them all. And then if you’re the one hosting Christmas – well it can get even more stressful! Which is why we put together a little Christmas dessert table that anybody can do and it can all be prepared ahead of time. Afterall – who needs to be up until 11pm on Christmas Eve baking?!
It is based completely around mini-desserts and treats to help keep portion sizes down and hopefully waistbands not too tight!!
We’ve also included some super easy DIY decorations that not only make the perfect table backdrop they can be used as little keepsakes to give your family and friends! Best of all…. No sewing required!
Now we did cheat a little and included some store purchased item (the pudding and tarts) – and if you do the same we’re sure you will be forgiven!
Caramel Slice (for recipe click here)
Mint Slice (for recipe click here)
Vanilla Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce (for recipe click here)
Decorated Lindt Balls
Cranberry & Clementine Christmas Tarts
Decorating Lindt Balls:
Now this is just about the simplest form of decoration we’ve ever done!
1) Paint the Lindt ball in edible gold paint & let dry
2) Paint Lindt ball with some piping gel and dip into edible glitter
That is all there is to it! You will find edible metallic paint, edible glitter & piping gel at your local cake decorating store.
1 Bunch of Twisted Willow or similar (we got ours from the local florist for $15)
Battery powered fairy lights
Felt Christmas Decorations (See full tutorial below)
Felt Christmas Decorations
You will need:
– Felt of various colours (we used four colours – grey, white, fawn and teal)
The amount needed will depend on how many decorations you want to make. 4 pieces ~30cm by ~30cm would be ample to make 7 stars and 7 trees.
Card could be used instead of felt.
– Craft glue (suitable for gluing fabric)
– Template (as attached)
– Pins (optional)
We made six trees and six stars.
Instructions for Tree
1. Cut the three triangles from the Templates
2. Pin templates onto the felt and cut out triangles
3. Cut thread 9inch long (23cm) and knot the ends together
4. Attach the knotted end of thread to the middle sized felt triangle with glue (take picture)
5. Glue the smallest triangle on top of the middle sized felt triangle and press down to affix glue
6. Glue the largest triangle underneath the middle sized triangle and press down to affix glue, leave to dry
Instructions for Star
1. Cut the two circles and the star from the Templates
2. Pin the circle template onto the felt an cut out the circles
3. Hold the star template onto the felt and carefully cut around (easier to hold than to use pins)
4. Cut thread 9 inch long (23cm) and knot the ends together
5. Attach the knotted end of the thread to the top of the large circle ensuring it is low enough that it will be covered with the smaller circle (take picture)
6. Glue the star to the smaller circle and press down to affix glue
7. Glue the smaller circle to the large circle and press down to affix glue, leave to dry
There you have it – all you need to create a super simple Christmas dessert table!:
Amanda & Carly are two bankers who much prefer playing in the crafty world! They have recently started The Creative Journal, a creative lifestyle blog where they share their inspirations in all things (food, home, parties, well anything!), crafty finds and creative chaos and are looking forward to launching The Creative Labs in 2014 because it is always much more fun to play with others!